Does anyone know a good recipe for vegan protein bars? I buy the Pure Bars from Meijer, but they’re a little expensive, plus they’re sold singlelly as opposed to a package. Well, I have your answer right here. Vegan No-Bake Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Protein Bars Ingredients DRY: 1. 5 c Oats 1/2 c Shredded Coconut (I used sweetened) 1/2 c Raisins (or date chunks, cranberries, craisins, dried cherries/mangoes/apricots/etc. Any dried fruit will work- Nutrition stats calculated with CRAISINS. ) 1/2 c Chocolate Chips *1/4 c almonds, chopped (I added this ingredient from original recipe, but it may be omitted or substituted for other nuts) OPTIONAL (but all included in nutrition stats): 3 scoops Vanilla Whey Protein Powder (I used Precision brand- 100 cals / 18 g. Protein per scoop; This ingredient is optional, but included in these nutrition calculations. Adjust nutrition for your own protein powder, or OMIT 300 cal. / 54 g. Protein from 15 servings altogether if leaving out powder. ) 2 Tbsp Flax Seeds 2 Tbsp Chia Seeds 1. 5 Tsp Cinnamon WET: 1 Ripe Banana (mashed) 1/2 c Maple Syrup (or agave, yacon syrup) 1/2 c Peanut Butter (or any nut butter, i. E. Almond, pecan, cashew, etc. ) 1 Tsp Vanilla Extract Directions Combine all DRY ingredients in a large bowl. In a smaller bowl, mash ripe banana, and add all wet ingredients. Pour wet ingredients into dry, and mix well. Spread mixture into 8×8 or 9×9 baking dish lined with plastic wrap or waxed paper. Press until flat. Place dish in freezer for a few hours, or until firm. Remove from dish and carefully cut into 15 squares/bars or logs. For easy grab-and-go snacks, wrap bars individually in plastic wrap. Store in fridge or freezer for up to a month. These bars soften quickly at room temperature. Makes 15 protein/granola bars. ================================= Homemade Protein Bars (Vegan Style.) Ingredients 6 tbsp Natural Jif Creamy 1/2 cup Plain Oatmeal 1/2 cup Unsweetened Soy Milk 1 medium Banana 1 scoop Whey Protein Powder chocolate 1/2 cup Splenda 1/4 cup Milled Flax Seed 2 tbsp Whole Wheat Flour 1 tbsp Unsweetened Natural Cocoa Powder 3/4 tsp Baking Powder 1/8 tsp Salt Directions 1. Preheat oven to 350°F. Spray an 8×8″ pan with cooking oil spray.
2. In a microwave safe bowl, combine oats and milk; cook for 60 seconds. Stir and allow to cool; mix in egg whites and vanilla.
3. In a large mixing bowl, combine the whey protein, Splenda, flaxseed, flour, cocoa, baking powder, and salt.
4. Add oatmeal mixture to dry ingredients; mix just until everything is moist. Spread batter in pan.
5. Place peanut butter in microwave safe bowl and heat for 45 seconds or until melted. Spoon peanut butter over batter in pan and swirl with knife tip.
6. Bake for 10 minutes; allow to cool completely before cutting into 6 bars. Wrap each individually in plastic wrap and store in the freezer or refrigerator. Unwrap and microwave 30 seconds to warm. #ixzz1VEQHsGpH ============================================ Homemade vegan protein bars Chocolate Pecan Bars 3 scoops Sun Warrior protein, chocolate 1 T ground cinnamon 1/4 cup pecans 2 T ground flaxseed 2 T raw almond butter 1 T non-dairy/gluten-free brownie mix 1/2 cup unsweetened almond milk Mix everything in a bowl, stirring with a spoon until a thick paste forms. Divide into 6 balls and place in the refrigerator for two hours. Preheat oven to 425. Place the six balls on a cookie sheet, flattening slightly with a fork, and bake for 12-15 minutes. These are delicious. Have three bars as a snack and the other three for dessert later. ============================================ Vanilla Almond Protein Bar 4 scoops rice protein, vanilla 2 T almond butter 2 T ground flax seed 1 and 1/2 cup of water 1 T ground ginger 1 T ground cinnamon 1 T pumpkin pie spice 1 teaspoon of stevia Preheat oven to 425. Mix everything in a bowl with a spoon until a thick paste forms. Divide into four parts, roll into balls, then shape into bars. Place on cookie sheets and bake 12-15 minutes.
In less than 10 minutes, you can whip up your own batch of delicious, nutrient dense, bioavailable, raw, vegan protein bars with my signature recipe featurin. . .