All right. . I have never made a cream soup NOTHING but I want to make a cream of broccoli / spinach soup. Does anyone have pointers / special tips for doing this type of soup? You want to use soy or rice milk? Et. What would you recommend for flavoring (herbs / spices)? Celtic T – thank you for the idea of dill. From what I can tell … Unsweatened soy milk is the best here are recipes. Vegan cream soup recipes are really easy – just take cream recipe soup and chicken broth substutute for vegetables and cream fror soy milk. Potatoe and leak soup is easy just change the milk to soy and chicken broth for vegetable or imitation flavored stocks such as Massel. Cream of asparagus soup Ingredients 1 bunch of asparagus (frozen works fine) 1 large onion, cut into thick slices 1-5 cloves garlic 2 cups vegetable broth 1/4 cup unbleached flour 2 1/2 cups milk soy 2 tablespoons soy sauce or tamari 2 tablespoons dried basil salt and pepper coffee Directions 1Chop asparagus (if using frozen, steam or microwave first a little), reserving tips . 2Put asparagus, onion, garlic and broth in a large saucepan. 3Bring to a boil, then reduce heat to medium and cook until vegetables are tender, about 15 minutes. 4Put contents of the pan into a blender. 5Add flour, soy milk, soy sauce and basil. 6Process until smooth. 7Return soup to the saucepan and add the asparagus. 8Cook medium heat until thickened and hot soup. 9Season to taste with salt and freshly ground pepper and serve. Vegan cauliflower and potatoes INGREDIENTS Soup: 1 tablespoon vegan margarine 2 cloves garlic, minced 1 onion, diced 1 potato, diced 1 head cauliflower, chopped 3 cups broth vegetables 2 bay leaves salt and pepper to taste pinch of nutmeg soy cheese (optional) Preparation: In a large soup pot or saut onion and garlic in margarine for vegan 3-5 minutes, or until onions are tender. Add the potatoes and cauliflower and cook for a few minutes, stirring frequently. Add the vegetable broth and bay leaves and bring to boil. Cover and cook for 25-30 minutes. Remove bay leaves and transfer the soup into a blender and puree. Season with salt, pepper and nutmeg and reheat if necessary. Garnish with grated vegan cheese, if desired. Vegan Cream of Mushroom Soup Ingredients: 3/4 pound fresh mushrooms, sliced 1/2 small onion, diced 2 cloves garlic, minced 1 tablespoon vegan margarine 3 cups vegetable broth flour 2 tablespoons tablespoons sour cream 1 cup vegan non-dairy substitute 1 cup soy milk salt and pepper to taste Preparation: In a large soup pot or saut mushrooms, onion and garlic in margarine for 3-5 minutes until onions are tender. Reduce heat to medium-low and add the vegetable broth. Cover and simmer for at least 45 minutes. Add flour, sour cream and non-dairy soy milk, stirring well to combine. Simmer 20 to 30 minutes, or until the soup has thickened. Season generously with salt and pepper before serving. Cream of Celery Ingredients 6 stalks celery, chopped 2 stalks celery, finely chopped (for later) 1 carrot, coarsely chopped 1 carrot, finely chopped (for later) 1 tbl. Sp chopped garlic 2 red potatoes, cut, do not remove the skin, please. 5 cups of Veggie 1 & 1/4 tsp salt 2 tbl. Sp 1 cup olive oil 1 cup finely chopped white onions coarsely chopped onions (for later) 1/2 tsp celery seed 1 & 1/2 cup soy milk or cream Mimic (made with nuts cashew and almonds, Yummy.) 1/4 tsp white pepper powder 2 tbl. Sp chopped olives 2 bay leaves be removed later he Garnish w / parsley or celery tops Directions 1. In a large pot, add oil and heat.
2. Add the bay leaves, garlic, saut for a few seconds, then add celery seeds, coarsely chopped celery, onion, carrots and potatoes.
3. Season with salt and pepper. Cook well.
4. Once cooked, add half the stock and boil.
5. Remove it from the heat and cool for a few minutes.
6. Once it cools a bit, take the bay leaves and mix with a hand blender and keep aside.
7. Take another pan, heat, add a little oil and add finely chopped celery, carrots and onion in that order and season one by one.
8. Put the cooked mixture mashed vegetables, and return to the heat.
9. Add the soymilk.
10. Check the consistency, if you want more liquidy, add more stock. 11. Bring to boil. 12. Check seasoning, add more if necessary. 12. Garnish & Serve hot NOTE: Mimic Cream is a beautiful, healthy, vegan and kosher products that I fell into a convention restaurant. I love it so much, I buy online. They unsweetened, sugar and sweet. The sweet version may be a dessert without guilt alone. Its very good. East Coast friends are lucky enough to find in their neighborhood stores.
Marta from a French onion soup recipe vegan by Roberto Martin, author of "Vegan Cuisine for carnivores" and the personal chef Portia. . .